NOTICE TO THE MARKET
Barretos, October 15, 2015 – Minerva S.A. ("Company"), a leader in South America in the production and sale of fresh beef, live cattle and cattle byproducts, hereby makes the following clarifications to its shareholders and the market in general regarding the incident in Vila do Conde Port (state of Pará) and the latest news published in the media:
(1) Minerva Foods clarifies that, at the moment, was not notified about any fine related to the accident with the ship that would transport cattle in the quay of Vila do Conde Port, in Barcarena (state of Pará), which took place on October 6. All notifications and fines by authorities regarding the accident has been responded by the Company in due time.
(2) The Company clarifies that it is also an aggrieved party to the accident. The Company understands that after the cattle enters the ship, all responsibilities belongs to the shipping company hired for the river and sea transport.
(3) Minerva Foods reiterates that it follows all legal procedures required for the shipment, especially as far as cargo insurance is concerned.
(4) The Company further informs that it has dispatched a team to Barcarena to assist the authorities with all necessary measures. In this sense, the Company is following closely each stage of the preparation of the contingency plan and correction and damage control process, remaining at the disposal of the people in charge of the situation to help in these activities. Minerva, by its own initiative and expenses, has also develop actions supporting the local residents.
(5) Lastly, the Company would like to point out also that the Live Cattle Division accounted for, in the 12-month period ended June 30, 2015, approximately 8.5% of the Company’s consolidated net revenue, and that there are no expectations for changes in the ordinary course of the business.
The Company will keep its shareholders and the market in general informed about any relevant update regarding this issue.
Click here to access the document.